Canberra Cross Country Ski Club
Lessons for the 2016 Season
Click here for information on accommodation available for members at Kalkite.
Ski De Femme on Sunday 24 July provides skiing instruction for women including children, beginners, intermediate, advanced, Freestyle/classic $30 includes lunch, followed by a CCCSC beginners ski tour after lunch. This is a fun way for women to learn or improve their skiing. Details here.
Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 August 2016
Weekend course with K7 Adventures
- Meet your instructors and have a tour of the Perisher Cross Country Centre
- Introduction/recap to equipment and clothing
- Progressive lessons in classic and skating technique
- Cornering and downhill technique
- Relay races as a method to improve skills
- Pole technique and timing
- Off piste and on piste nordic skiing
- Familiarisation with the Perisher cross country trail network with a fun tour
$140 per person
Register on line here – https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?ID=8503. More details are here.
Sunday 14 August 2016 – telemark trips for beginners
Join some of our more experienced members for tips on telemark skiing. We’ll meet at the Perisher XC Centre. Refer to our tours page for more information.
The Fine Print
- Lessons will only be run if there will be 6 or more participants. In some case we can offer lessons for less than 6 people for a shorter duration, but with a better teacher:student ratio.
Bookings should be made by 5pm on the Wednesday before the lesson if possible, however they will still be accepted after Wednesdays (this helps with planning instructors etc).
- There might be times when, because of a lack of snow you will need to catch the ski tube to Blue Cow to attend a lesson. You will have to pay for the ski tube, so make sure you carry the fare with you. For more information and ski tube prices go to http://www.perisher.com.au/resort-information/getting-to-perisher/skitube.html.
- Lesson locations are subject to change depending on conditions.
Map to Perisher Nordic Trails
Most lessons are based at the Perisher Nordic Trails. The trails are across the road from the main Perisher Centre and Car Park. This link provides directions and a map to help you find the trails: http://www.k7adventures.com/ACCESS%20TO%20PERISHER%20NORDIC%20SHELTER.pdf.
Kosciusko National Park Entry Fee
You will need to pay a park entry free. For up to date information on fees go to: http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/visit-a-park/parks/Kosciuszko-National-Park/Visitor-Info#Fees-and-passes
Transport & Parking
- Car pooling: CCCSC coordinates transport but cannot guarantee a lift on every occasion. You can post a message on the Club’s Google Groups site to car pool. The link to the CCCSC Google Group is:https://groups.google.com/group/cccsc?hl=en. A contribution to costs will be required.
- Buses are an option: Murrays – www.murrays.com.au/ or Transborder – www.transborder.com.au/.
- Parking is free inside Kosciusko National Park.
e-Mail Canberra Cross Country Ski Club’s Training Coordinator – email@example.com.