Canberra Cross Country Ski Club
The Club will be involved with the following activities and events in 2018:
- Supporting the Come and Try Day at Perisher on 7 July.
- Supporting the Ski De Femme
- Lodge Weekends at Kalkite on the nights of 6 & 7 July to coincide with the Come and Try Day, and on 27 & 28 July.
- Social Meetings at Hughes Community Centre. The dates for the social meetings will be: 23 May, 13 Jun, 27 Jun, 11 Jul, 25 Jul, 15 Aug, 29 Aug, 12 Sept and 26 Sept.
- Supporting the Perisher Nordic Week from 4 to 12 August.
- Organising the Kosciuszko Tour ski race at Perisher (on the 18 August).
- A Lodge Weekend at Charlotte Pass in mid October.
Lodge Weekend at Charlotte Pass in 2018
Fri 19 to Sun 21 October
The Club lodge weekend will be held at the Pygmy Possum lodge at Charlotte Pass on the weekend of 20 & 21 October. Accommodation will be for the nights of Friday 19 & Saturday 20 October. We have had to change the venue from the Southern Alps Ski Club lodge as it will now be closed during October and November for maintenance/remedial work.
This is always a popular weekend, with Club ski tours held around Charlotte Pass or on the Main Range on the Saturday and Sunday. At present there is a deep cover of snow on the Main Range, so there should be good skiing during October. People will need to bring along food, linen and towels for the weekend. The intention is to have a community dinner on the Saturday evening where people bring along an entree, main course or dessert to share with others.
The Pygmy Possum Ski Lodge is owned by the Elouera Ski Club and holds up to 54 people. Most rooms are for two people (two singles or one double) but there are four rooms containing 3 or 4 beds. As non-members, you can stay at this lodge by booking in as a Guest. The cost for a Guest (non-member of the Elouera Ski Club) is $60 per night for an adult and $27 for a child. People who have already booked for the lodge weekend on Register Now will be reimbursed and will need to rebook again as per below.
As we can’t do a bulk booking, people intending to come along to the lodge weekend at Pygmy Possum Lodge will need to make their own bookings via the Elouera Ski Club website http://www.eloueraskiclub.asn.au using the four digit Booking Id number assigned to our group, which is 2392. Some helpful hints for making a booking:
- Select the ‘Pygmy Possum Ski Lodge’ drop down menu.
- Select the ‘Booking Rates, Availability, Make a Booking’ page.
- Click on the ‘Online Form’ button in the ‘Make a Booking’ section.
- At the bottom middle of the Booking Form Cover Sheet, you will need to quote our four digit Booking Id number, which is 2392. (This Booking Id number links all our bookings together for our group and enables the organiser to see who is coming along).
- In the Booking Form, if staying two nights select ‘19 Oct 18’ for arrival date and ’21 Oct 18’ for departure date, select the bed choice (Single, Double, Queen), Privilege Level = Guest, and Single Supplement = No, for each person.
- Preview the completed Form, which now shows the cost, and if happy, press Submit.
- After submitting the completed form, the next page (Booking Form Web Response) will show the BPay details near the bottom of the page. The details on this page will also be sent to you by email.
- Once the Booking Officer receives the form and responds accepting the booking, then payment can be made.
BPay is the preferred and easiest payment method. Payment by credit card and cheque is also available but requires the form to be printed put and posted to the booking officer.
Closer to the date a room allocation sheet will be provided showing who will be in each room.
Further details of the lodge can be found at the following page: http://www.eloueraskiclub.asn.au/lodges/PygmyPossum/facilities/
Social meetings re-commenced on 23 May 2018. Further details are on the Social Meetings page.