Canberra Cross Country Ski Club
The Club will be involved with the following activities and events in 2017:
- Supporting the Come and Try Day at Perisher on 8 July.
- Lodge Weekends at Kalkite on the nights of 7 & 8 July to coincide with the Come and Try Day, and on 27 & 29 July (see below).
- Social Meetings at Hughes Community Centre. The dates for the social meetings will be: 24 May, 14 Jun, 28 Jun, 12 Jul, 26 Jul, 16 Aug, 30 Aug, 13 Sept and 27 Sept.
- Supporting the Perisher XC Week during the second week in August.
- Organising the Kosciuszko Tour ski race at Perisher (on the 19 August).
- A Lodge Weekend at Charlotte Pass in mid October.
CCCSC July Lodge Weekends
The club is hosting two July lodge weekends for members. These are held in conjunction with the ‘Come and Try’ cross country ski lessons at Perisher organised by Snowsports ACT.
These weekends are a great opportunity for all members, especially beginners or new members, to learn to ski or develop new skills, go on tours appropriate to their skiing level and meet other members, while staying in comfortable accommodation close to the mountains. Families with children are welcome. Both weekends include two nights’ accommodation in Kalkite. The cost for accommodation for a weekend is $70 (single) $140 (couple) $200 (family of 3-5 persons). Please note this fee does not include lessons, ski hire, transport or food costs.
Dates: 7-9 July (school holidays) and 28–30 July
- Friday – Arrive at lodge accommodation in evening.
- Saturday – ‘Come and Try open day’ lessons and tours, social night dinner back at lodge.
- Sunday – Tours for all levels of skiers led by experienced club members.
Numbers are strictly limited. To book please follow the link to Register Now or contact Jo-Anne Clancy.
Perisher XC Trails – Work Party June 3-4
Your last chance this summer to be on the XC trails without skis on your feet – June 3-4.
This is the weekend that we really get ready for winter – cover the water courses with temporary pipes and tarps, finished repairing the pig damage, get rid of just one more rock, erect the winter safety fence behind the Shelter and transform the Shelter from a Works Depot into the welcoming place that we all know and love for the winter,
Please bring sturdy boots and clothing for all conditions, food/drink and bed linen/towels/etc if you are staying with us at CAC.
Please contact Peter Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can attend and Peter Cunningham (email@example.com) if you require accommodation for the weekend (many, many thanks to CAC Perisher, again).